Boozy Cranberry Sauce!
Rather than spooning your sauce from a jar from the supermarket, try our simple recipe for Cranberry Sauce to accompany your turkey and all the trimmings. The kirsch gives a delicious added extra flavour to this jewel coloured sauce.
- 14oz cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5oz caster sugar
- 3½ fl oz kirsch
- Put all your ingredients in to a pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10-15 mins.
- Empty the sauce into a bowl, remove the cinnamon stick and leave to cool
- Once cool, if the sauce is too thick stir in a little water to achieve the right consistency.
- Cover and chill. Take out of the fridge about 2 hours before serving to bring to room temperature