Chicken with Lemon and Courgette Couscous
This delicious recipe is perfect for a summers day, it’s light, fluffy and very tasty!
- 200 g Couscous
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 courgettes grated
- 2 lemon 1 halved 1 cut into wedges
- 2 x boneless skinless chicken breast
- Place the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the stock. Cover and leave for 10 mins until fluffy and all the stock has been absorbed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the courgettes until softened and crisping at the edges. Mix with the couscous, then stir in with plenty of seasoning and a good squeeze of lemon juice from one of the halves.
- Halve the chicken breasts horizontally and put each piece on a sheet of cling film. Cover with another sheet and beat each piece out with a rolling pin to make it thinner. Season.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and fry the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side until cooked through. Squeeze over the juice from the other lemon half and serve with the couscous and lemon wedges on the side.
If you don’t fancy cooking and would like to treat yourself to lunch out then join us at Forever Green in our leafy, woodland setting to enjoy a variety of freshly cooked dishes.