Soy Glazed Salmon Fillet
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Veg of your choice for 2 people (peppers, onions, carrots, green beans, bean sprouts etc. work well)
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinade the Salmon fillets in the sweet chilli & soy sauce for at least 1 hour in the fridge. Ideally the salmon should be marinated over night so all flavours are infused into the salmon
- Chunky dice or slice your vegetables and part cook them ready to add to the sweet and sour base sauce.
- In a large pan place the vinegar, sugar and ketchup and slowly bring to boil to bind the ingredients together
- Reduce heat and reduce the sauce down until your desired thickness is reached
- Bake the marinated Salmon fillets in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden and glazed on the top.
- Whilst the Salmon is cooking add your part cooked vegetables to the sweet and sour sauce mix and Stir until the vegetables are hot and coated nicely in the sweet and sour.
Try serving with boiled or fried rice or noodles or even new potatoes. Alternatively the vegetables could be mixed in with rice or noodles and the salmon flaked on top to create a chow mein type dish.