Get stuck in to this delicious rich and creamy chicken dish with a spicy yoghurt.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs fillets quartered
- 4 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 4 cardamon pods, split and seeds crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- oil for frying
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 cm piece of ginger grated
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Put the chicken, yoghurt and spices in to a bowl, mix and marinate for at least 1 – 2 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan then cook onions for about 10 minutes until really softened and golden.
- Add the ginger, chilli and garlic and cook for another few minutes until fragrant.
- Tip in the chicken and marinade then cook, stirring until the chicken starts to colour. Add the stock, cover then simmer for 30 minutes. Stir 4 -5 tablespoons of the cooking liquid into the ground almond then add everything back into the pan. Add the garam masala and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with yoghurt and green chilli.