Smoked Haddock & Spring Onion Fishcakes
If you can’t be by the sea this summer, bring the sea to you with these delicious fishcakes.
- 3 smoked haddock fillets
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 2 fillets of white fish
- 2 bunches of spring onions
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper
- Sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Small quantity of mashed potato
- Combine the white fish, haddock and salmon. Chop the spring onions and mix with the fish, then add the mashed potato and mix well.
- Season to taste with sweet chilli and salt and pepper
- If the mixture is too wet to mold, fold some breadcrumbs through it.
- Leave in a covered bowl for 15 minutes to firm and then shape into fishcakes. Pass through the flour, egg and breadcrumbs and then through the egg and breadcrumbs again.
- Deep fry at 170°C until golden brown and the fishcakes float to the surface.
Serve with mushy peas and tartar sauce.
If you don’t have time to make this dish at home then why not come along to Forever Green and enjoy it in our restaurant.